[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.4.2″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.2″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.4.2″][et_pb_post_title meta=”off” featured_image=”off” _builder_version=”4.4.2″][/et_pb_post_title][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.4.2″ inline_fonts=”Georgia”]
All right, today we’re about to check out two Fox brand knives. Even though they are the same brand and share certain similarities, several things make them different. And it’s these differences that can make you decide on one of them. Hunters, hikers, or anyone who loves the outdoors know how important it is to carry a knife. And the truth is that the Fox brand offers outstanding options and at excellent prices.
So pay close attention, today we are going to compare the Fox 479 Karambit and the Fox 599 Karambit.
Fox karambit 479 vs. 599: Specifications.
|Fox karambit 479||Fox karambit 599|
|Blade length: 3.00 inches.||Blade length: 2. 55 inches.|
|Overall length: 7.60 inches.||Overall length: 7.00 inches.|
|Material: Stainless Steel.||Material: Stainless Steel.|
|Weight: 4.60 oz||Weight: 3.88 oz.|
Fox Karambit 479: General Review
The Fox 479 G10 Black Folding Karambit is one of the best self-defense and tactical tools I have seen. Not for nothing, but it’s one of the best you can get on the market today. This knife has been tested in the most extreme climates by people who perform activities that require a lot of resistance. And if anything, it has been proven to be a top-quality tool.
No matter what activity you are going to do. It doesn’ case if you are going to open boxes, cans, or packages. Even if you go fishing and need to open and clean a fish, or if you need a self-defense tool. I assure you that the Fox Karambits will be your best allies in any of these activities. If you want the utmost reliability in any situation where the need for a right blade that works and performs well arises, this is the knife you need.
The Fox 479 karambit is manufactured and distributed by the Fox Knives company in Maniago, Italy. This company, which by the way, has a long history in the market, is characterized by using one of the highest quality and most resistant steels: Stainless steel NC690Co.
The blade of the Fox 479 is shaped like a tiger claw and is covered with black Teflon. This gives it an extremely sharp point and blade surface with a thickness of 0.12″ and a length of 3″, so you have to be very careful when using it. Also, the Fox 479 uses a liner lock and weighs only 4.02 ounces. As you can see, it’s a pretty light knife.
Another thing I’d like to point out about this knife is that its adjustable pocket clip allows for ambidextrous use, so it doesn’t matter if you’re left or right-handed, you won’t have any problems when handling it. The pocket clip is also designed to be carried end-to-end and allows for quick deployment in a reverse grip. The latter is another thing I find incredible about this model.
The reverse grip effectively uses the cutting power of the blade from its resting position in the pocket in an upward motion, although the knife can also be used in the forward grip. The black G10 scales provide a durable, firm, and secure grip, which increases concealability. The latter makes it ideal for tactical environments.
· It uses the Emerson Wave, which is the most effective and efficient deployment option. The patented Emerson Wave allows you to fully deploy your karambit with just one hand, without the need for a significant effort.
· Reliable and consistent edge with a high degree of sharpening responsiveness.
· It has improved edge retention.
· Resistant to corrosion, as it is made of stainless steel.
· Easy to conceal, ideal for tactical environments
· Ideal for military, LEO, security officers, civilians, rescue workers, and utility workers. As well as for hikers and hunters.
· Security ring for a secure grip, even in extreme environments. This security ring allows you to use it in less harmful situations by keeping the karambit closed in your hand.
· It can easily be used for brute force or as a control device.
· Excellent for increasing the retention of primary weapons.
Fox Karambit 599: General Review
The Fox 599 G10 Black Folding Karambit is another incredible option offered by the Fox brand. Like the previous model, it was built for demanding situations and tasks in the world’s most hostile environments.
This small, sharp blade was tested many times in the field and has received the seal of approval from the experts. Many users who have left a review of this knife are people who purchase this type of tool to last a lifetime. And if you review their reports, you’ll find that this knife far exceeded their expectations. Like all Fox brand knives, the Fox 599 karambit is durable, reliable, and high quality.
Thanks to its specifications and design, the Fox 599 karambit is best suited for those with hands 3.5″ or smaller on the back of their knuckles. Its compact construction and tighter safety ring make it very easy to use with the bare hand. So if you’re one of those who doesn’t like to wear gloves when working, this knife is perfect for you. If you’re looking for something with a blade that’s easy to handle, this is also a great option.
All right, now let’s talk some more about the specs of the Fox 599. This knife, which is, in my opinion, elegantly curved, measures 7″ overall, with a 2.25″ blade and a 4.75″ handle. This size of blade allows you to purchase it and take it anywhere you want without problems, as this size is legal in most of the United States. Still, it doesn’t hurt to check your local statutes first to confirm this. The last thing we want is for you to lose your purchase.
Another thing I find impressive is that the Fox 599 is an ideal knife for everyday use, as it weighs only 3.5 ounces, which also helps to transport it easily. Like the previous model, the Fox 599 also features the patented Emerson Wave. This is certainly a plus that improves the efficiency and functions of the knife. Once you take the Fox 599 out of your pocket, the protrusion on the spine will hook onto the edge. Once this happens, the blade will open in a ready-to-use position.
The reversible clip can be easily adjusted for a right or left-hand drawing. As you can see, it doesn’t matter if you are left or right-handed. The knife fits comfortably in either hand.
· Patented Emerson Wave.
· A sharp knife with a durable edge that comes straight out of the box.
· Extremely sharp. It will take years, and I assure you it will not lose its edge.
· It holds the edge entirely.
· It resists corrosion because it’s made of stainless steel.
· Easy to hide and carry thanks to its compact size.
· It was blackened for tactical use and deployment.
· It is perfect for military, LEO, security officers, civilians, rescue workers, and utility workers. Also ideal for hikers and hunters.
· The security ring helps improve gun retention. This prevents slips and falls.
· Safe grip in extreme environments.
· Ideal for small hands.
· The Fox 599’s trainer is geared towards safe practice, which is great if you’re learning to use these types of tools.
· The package includes a training DVD.
As final recommendations, I want to say that regardless of the model you choose, you will be getting a high-quality knife. It was fully demonstrated why Fox is one of the market leaders in the manufacture of defense and hunting knives.
As we also observed, these knives share many common characteristics. This is because the same company manufactures them. What could make you decide on one or the other? The size. One model is a little smaller and lighter than the other. Otherwise, both knives are fantastic and will perform any task flawlessly.
As far as the price is concerned, the difference is minimal. So this will not influence the final purchase too much.
All right, I hope I was helpful. Enjoy your new Fox knife!